Sunday 15 May 2011

MAC Wonder Woman Valiant Quad

MAC Wonder Woman Valient

This is the green based eyeshadow quad, Valiant. It is a lovely spring colour quad, and definitely one for those who, like me, love their greens! The colours in this are; Manilla Paper - This is a shimmery white colour, it is pigmented considering it is such a light colour, but maybe a little too pigmented to use as a highlight colour. It is lovely & shimmery. I'd love this on the tear duct and corner of the eye to open the eye up and make them look bigger. Valiant - This is a lovely light lime green. It isn't massively pigmented, but it is buildable & a lovely shade. It is a smooth application and is lovely and shimmery. Spinning Transformation - Described by MAC as a deep forest green, I'd say it was more black based with green shot through. This would be great as a crease colour, however I wish it was more forest green and less blackened. It is quite matte, even though it's a satin, so again I think this will be good as a crease colour, but not all over the lid. It is very pigmented and easy to work with, so it isn't all doom and gloom about this colour. Diana Undercover - This is supposed to be an olive bronze with yellow pearl, whereas to me it just appears brown, though in bright light you can see a goldy tinge/shimmer to it. I reckon it might work better if it was used wet, but really I don't believe it can be described as "olive", although it does appear so in the pan. Overall, very complimentary colours, this quad will enable some beautiful looks, however not all the shadows are as MAC describe them. I think it is still worth getting if you like your greens though!

MAC Wonder Woman Valient

No comments: