Monday 16 May 2011

Dupes; Chanel Paradoxal - Barry M Dusky Mauve

dusky mauve paradoxal

So, I recently noticed an offer on Barry M Nail polishes, so I went to have a look at what polishes they had. I noticed this new shade called Dusky Mauve. It looked suspiciously like Paradoxal, so I bought it to compare. So here is my comparison.
.
Chanel = £16.50
Barry M = £2.99 (or 2 for £4.99)
.
In the bottles, Dusky Mauve looks more brown with less micro shimmer, which is a more red based purple, unlike Paradoxal which looks more shimmery and blue based purple. The general colour is a dusty brown with purple micro shimmer, and there is no denying both of them come under that description, so are they dupes?
.
On the nail, they are so much more similar, I mean just look at the swatch! The Chanel appears a little less shimmery, and needed 3 coats to get as shimmery as the Barry M which I used to coats of. They were both as pigmented as each, and dried in around the same time.
.
The formulas are similar, in thickness and pigmentation. The colours are virtually identical. The Chanel packaging is better as it is more sturdy, however in terms of brushes I found both easy to use.
.
Overall I actually have a preference for the Barry M! It is more shimmery and it is more affordable. Why pay more when you can get the same for so much less!
.
Love Paradoxal but not the price? Barry M Dusky Mauve is for you! I hope they bring out more high end dupes!

paradoxal dusky mauve 2

No comments: