Monday 16 May 2011

MAC Nail Trend F/W '10 Rain of Flowers

MAC nail trend '10 rain of flowers 3

I didn't get this when it originally came out, I got this yesterday at the outlet, as they didn't have it in stock at my local MAC counter when it was released :[ However I got this for £5 instead of £9, so I can't complain! . In the bottle this looks like a shimmery blue with some purple shimmer, however on the nail it is a lot more purple with blue and purple shimmer. It is a really gorgeous colour, though in dim light it just looks like a really dark purple, you don't really see the gorgeous shimmer. It reminds me a little bit of Chanel Vendetta, the dark purple with shimmer, though I wouldn't suggest it as a dupe necessarily, as the shimmer is more dark blue based purple in Vendetta, whereas in this polish it is more red based purple and blue shimmer. This is a very unique polish, and definitely worth adding to any collection. . In terms of formula this is quite thick but not overly, and very pigmented, though it needs 2 coats to make it opaque and even. This also looks better with a top coat, as it really enhances the visibility of the shimmer. The polish also dried really quite quickly, which is a bonus! . Overall I am impressed with this varnish, and I'm glad I got it late rather than never! I wish the shimmer was a little more visible in normal/dim light, but it is still a lovely colour nonetheless!

MAC nail trend '10 rain of flowers 1

No comments: