Monday 16 May 2011

MAC Haute & Naughty Mascara

MAC haute & naughty mascara

I got sent this mascara for free as a good will gesture from MAC, as I tried to buy the Quite Cute collection however they had disabled their online store for a week, so I got it late! A £17.50 mascara for free? Yes please! . Haute & Naughty consists of 2 wands, a pink one which gives a more daytime subtle look (see my second pic), and the purple glittery wand for a more dramatic night look (see my third pic). I guess this is a 2 looks in one mascara deal. . This is a little hit and miss with me, more miss if I'm honest. I tried using the purple wand first and it had no effect whatsoever, it made my lashes look short and stubby! So I used the pink wand and it lengthened and separated lashes, lovely (see my fourth pic), but added no volume whatsoever, so the effects weren't all that obvious. So to add volume you have to use the purple one on top (See my fifth pic). So instead of a mascara for 2 different looks, it was more 2 mascaras for one look. . It did go a little spidery, but not too clumpy. I think this is an OK mascara, but quite expensive considering cheaper ones do a better job. I like the idea behind the 2 wands, but I think the purple wand needs improving, whereas the pink one is kind of OK, it does it's shop of separating, defining and lengthening. The overall look is OK, but not perfect, and it need a lot of layers and a lot of time and work, which to be honest I don't know if I could be bothered to do every day! . For a free mascara it is great, however for a £17.50 mascara it isn't up to the standard it should be.

Pink Wand;
MAC haute & naughty Mascara wand 2
haute & naughty 4

Purple Wand;
MAC haute & naughty Mascara wand 2
haute & naughty 3

Both wands together;
MAC haute & naughty mascara

No comments: