Monday 2 August 2010

Review; MAC Girl About Town Lipstick

MAC Girl About Town
MAC Girl About Town

I got this through the "Back 2 MAC" scheme (where you return 6 empty MAC containers for a free lipstick), and since I am a lover of the pink lipsticks I had to have it. It is a daring colour and I wasn't sure if it would suit me or if it was too bright, but it looks absolutely fantastic, I certainly would advise people to give it a shot. The colour is a lovely hot pink magenta, however it is not a garish glow in the dark neon pink. It is an amplified formula so it pretty much goes on as it appears in the tube, however another perk (or maybe a disadvantage for some) is that it stays on your lips for hours. I put it on at lunchtime today and even after I had eaten and had a couple of drinks it was still there on my lips, most lipsticks would be history by that point but even hours after that and a couple more drinks later it was still magenta pink on my lips (around 5 hours). This will definitely be great for a night on the town seeing as you will hardly need to reapply after a meal or drinks! I think this became my favourite lippy and it has definitely made me want to try more amplified lipsticks to see if they are also quite long lasting. I will have a lot of fun experimenting with some lipglosses on top!

MAC Girl About Town lipstick

No comments: