Monday 2 August 2010

Review; MAC 2010 Viva Glam Lipsticks (Gaga & Cyndi)

Viva Glam 2010

Gaga
mac viva glam gaga

Cyndi
MAC Viva Glam Cyndi

These are two very different lipsticks, both lustres, yet the textures do seem different. Cyndi goes on a lot more pigmented, smoother and more evenly then Gaga, I found Gaga to be more creamy yet you had to apply more for it to show up. The colour also didn't go on as evenly. They both do go on quite sheer though. I really thought Gaga would be my favourite, but Cyndi has actually blown it out of the water, I love the light cherry red colour, I love that it isn't as coral as I'd expected. I do like the nude effect of Gaga and I love the light pink lipsticks, but it just doesn't apply as nicely and I don't feel it suits me as well as Cyndi does. Lipsticks are obviously named after Cyndi Lauper and Lady Gaga who are this years spokeswomen for the MAC Viva Glam charity.

Gaga
mac viva glam gaga lipstick

Cyndi
MAC Viva Glam Cyndi

I am glad I bought them both as I do use them, and also all the profits go to women, men and children suffering from HIV/Aids globally. So if you can buy them you wouldn't just be getting a nice lippy, you'd be helping a lot of people who really need and deserve the help!

If you like these; The matching Viva Glam lipglasses will be coming out for 6 months too, they are due anytime now!

Also; If you want purchasing cosmetics and helping out a charity to be yet again combined, watch out for the MAC Rodarte collection this Autumn. Just like Viva Glam all the global profit goes to charity, though in this instance to help and provide support to the women and girls in Juarez, Mexico. For those who are unaware of the problems in Juarez, this music video will educate you (I found the link from Temptalia). I don't condone the fact a make-up line has been made in such bad taste, neither do I like the names of the products, and I am absolutely disgusted by the promotional pictures, however one thing MAC has done is raise awareness of a problem which many people were not aware of, and this could help the situation rather than it be swept under the carpet, more people can help if more people know about it. And in terms of the money, the more money they raise for these women the better. So a political hot potato, some good some bad, but you make up your own mind. I will be buying these products because I want my money to reach this charity and the women it supports.

No comments: