Thursday 9 September 2010

Review; Urban Decay Naked Palette

Urban Decay Naked palette

Urban Decay Naked Palette

I don't normally wear neutrals, but since work has a "minimal or subtle" make-up rule now I have started to dabble, as normally I like brighter colours. This palette I absolutely fanatastic, I don't even know where to start. I suppose the bottom line is that it has made the Too Faced Natural eye kit & Too Faced Smoky eye kit obsolete. This one palette can do both neutral and smoky so it is less bulk to carry, and I find that the quality of these shadows are a little better quality. I also like how there are a mix of neutral colours, some more pink, gold, bronze or just pure brown-y colours, so you can do many different neutral looks. There are also the black and silver for smoky eyes.

I had a few complaints with the NYC BoS III (although in general I liked it) due to lack of textures, the bulky box and the OTT packaging (though I do love the artistry of the pop up, just not the LEDs bulking it out.) This naked palette eradicates all of these complaints. It has a mix of textures, matte, some with minimal shimmer, ones that are a bit more shimmery, no matter what texture you prefer there will be something there for you. It is a much more sleek box, yet it only has 4 fewer colours, although in saying that the 12 colours it has are bigger in quantity. It still has the mirror, and the two 24/7 eyeliners still, so it hasn't really compromised on the content to get slimmed down! It is a very simple but well packaged palette, which is a lot more suitable for travel then the BoS' that they produce. The drawback of this palette, which is both a pro & a con is the velvety feel of the box. Yes it is lovely and soft, and when it is in the purple velvety mould it just oozes luxury (especially with the gold lettering). However at the same time it is just asking to get dirty with foundation and eyeshadow, and it would be hella difficult to get it out! Also at the end of the day all these palettes are cardboard and paper, so they will be bound to get a little dog-eared.

This also has the same benefit as the BoS III as it also has exclusive limited edition colours in the palette, which in this case are Virgin, Buck, Darkhorse and two others which I forgot, so I apologise!

Urban Decay Naked Palette

If you are more interested in shaking up a smoky eye then keeping it neutral, you may be glad to see the new palette they are bringing out, it's called the black palette, take a look!
I know I will be getting my mitts on it when it arrives in the UK!

No comments: