Tuesday 5 October 2010

Review; Revlon Colorstay Foundation

Revlon Colorstay Foundation

For a cheap as chips foundation, this is really good and has really surprised me by the quality. I am rubbish with foundation, I was blessed with pretty good skin and so rarely need to use it. However this means I am rubbish at applying it, however this is very easy to work with.

With this the coverage I would say is more light to medium since it did make my skin even, however it didn't cover my freckles and I still needed concealer on my dark circles. You can't get a full coverage as it starts to cake if you apply too many layers. I have dry skin so normally foundation will cake on me with most minimal amount on, however this is fine until you apply too much. I don't know about the oily skin one since I haven't used it/don't need it.

As I have mentioned, it could go cakey if you applied too much, so you need to use it sparingly! I exfoliated before use as well as moisturised and there were still areas around my nose and eyebrows where it would cake and be obvious I was wearing make up as it just wouldn't blend.

There isn't a massive colour range, however the colours are good, Ivory matches my light skin perfectly (MAC NW15), so I'm sure the majority will find a good match. Also the fact it has all the colours in both an oily combination or dry combination is really good as everyone has different skin needs and this foundation caters for them.

In terms of staying power, it really does stay on all day, and there is no transfer to clothes, and it doesn't oxidise or change colour.

For newbies to foundation, I would say this was a good option for you!

No comments: