Tuesday 5 October 2010

Review; Paul & Joe Light Cream Foundation S

Paul & Joe Light Cream Foundation

I wanted to love this so bad, I really thought it would be my HG foundation... but alas it was not to be :[

This is an expensive foundation, around the same price as Chanel, and for me it just didn't deliver to the level that Chanel ones do. I could barely wear it as it caked so bad on my dry skin, but it is supposed to be good for dry skin, so it didn't deliver the moisturising properties it is supposed to. It says to apply it with your hands, however when I did that it went patchy, uneven and did not cover well at all. When applied with the ELF Studio powder brush it did apply evenly, however still caked. I would say this is a sheer coverage, not medium, it didn't even really even out my skin it was so sheer.

On the upside it comes in a beautiful bottle and has a very helpful pump. It was very gentle on skin, and it comes in a range of colours, the 00 matched my NW15 skin well, so I am sure there is a colour match for the majority. The negative to this is that the majority can only buy it online, and therefore it is difficult to know what shade is for you.

Overall, it is dear and I find it doesn't deliver enough for it to be worth the amount it is. It is a cute product and I like the idea behind it, but it just didn't work on my skin, but my skin is very difficult. If you want a Chanel equivalent (in terms of delivers what this promised but didn't) I'd go for prolumiere, moisturising but also with medium coverage.

No comments: