Friday 5 February 2010

Review: MAC Paint pot


This is a review for MAC paint pots, in terms of being an eyeshadow base.

MAC Paint pot in Soft Ochre

I have this in "soft ochre" it matches my skin tone and creates a neutral base to make eyeshadow pop. It really does work, I have oily lids and so too faced primer or urban decay primer doesn't work it just makes my lids more oily and slides in my crease and fades, so the paint pot being more matte is a lot more effective for grabbing the shadow and holding it in place on the lid. I certainly wouldn't go back to primers. I have also seen them used well as eyebrow colour.

The only thing that bugs me is the fact it is so heavy because there is so much glass, the bottom is just solid glass and there isn't even any product stored there. It just seems so wasteful in my eyes.

So this product gets a 4 out of 5 for being an awesome base, but loses a point due to the unnecessary packaging.

No comments: