Friday 5 February 2010

Review: A couple of Estee Lauder products


This is a review for Estee Lauder foundation, "Double Wear" to be specific and "take it away" make-up remover.

Estee Lauder Double wear


It claims; 15-hour staying power. Flawless all day.

This worry-free, long-wearing makeup stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop activity.
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes.
Feels lightweight and comfortable.
Now the flawless look you see in the morning is the look you keep all day.

I had this in shell and the colour match was fantastic, as was the coverage and the staying power. The packaging was nice too, if not a little heavy with the glass though. However it was very thick and heavy and smelt like paint. I also found it too matte, because I have dry skin it looked very chalky and would not blend in at all! I ended up taking it back because it made every single line on my face stand out and it appeared to age my skin by 50 years! When I took it off I had all lumps down my face and it stung really bad, I couldn't moisturise for 2 days because it made my skin so delicate after using it. I would say I could be allergic to foundation however I have since tried Chanel Prolumiere and it blended fine, looked natural and caused to irritation or allergic reaction at all.

So in a nutshell, if you have oily skin it would probably work well, but for dry and sensitive skin I would say it is one to miss, it is not moisturising or delicate it was drying and irritating.

So based on my skin type I would give this 2 out of 5.

Take it away make-up remover


Estee Lauder Take It Away make up remover

It claims; Quickly and gently removes all makeup, even long-wear or waterproof formulas.

Unique water-based creme-gel refreshes you with a crisp herbal citrus scent.
Rinses away easily and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth with no greasy afterfeel or oily residue.

I love this, it is really gentle, and has a lovely but not overpowering fragrance. It removes all types of make-up effectively and with ease, and leaves the skin super soft afterwards. This is definitely the best make-up remover I have used, especially with my sensitive skin. It leaves no stickiness, residue or oil and it lasts for ages as it is quite a big bottle.

I would give this product my first ever 5 out of 5! I know I normally give lower scores, but only because I am a tough critic and want value for money, not because I am unnecessarily harsh. This product is a great product for the price you pay.

starsstarsstarsstarsstars

No comments: